My heart - and God's  

Posted by Bethany


Good morning!  I can hardly believe it is already Friday – the week is almost over and Sabbath is so close…

My reading for today was 1 Corinthians 10 – such an awesome, thought-provoking chapter!

Here are the things I learned about God:
  • God is not arbitrary – He is happy to answer the question “why?”
  • God is selfless and his kingdom is all about selfless love – each person caring for and nurturing the other.  This is just so beautiful!   
  • God is with me no matter what happens, especially for trials and temptations. Nothing takes him by surprise – there is always a way open to get out of the sticky situation untarnished.
  • God is not unreasonable!  He allows for variety and exceptions… in many areas, he gives us principles, rather than rules. They adapt to fit situations and meet human need.  But salvation is always the primary concern – others and our own.
  • There is a cosmic battle going on and I can’t dabble with evil and still be God’s.  Just can’t.
This verse challenged my heart: "So if you think you are standing, watch out that you do not fall.” (1 Cor 10:12)

I am reminded to invite God to search my heart. He calls me to plan to take time out on a regular basis for evaluation - he and I together. It is not safe to just coast along, letting life suck me in… while I rest on the assurance I knew yesterday.

I need to know today where I stand with God: to know for sure that He has all of my heart.  :-)

This entry was posted on Friday, April 8, 2011 at Friday, April 08, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 thoughts

Post a Comment