Better than life  

Posted by Bethany

I’ve struggled this past week. I’ve been stressed, I’ve gotten my priorities mucked and I’ve hurried through time with God.  Yesterday and today, I finally came back. I finally got back into the space where time doesn’t matter and all I can see is Him.

In these past two days, the message of the famous “love chapter” have spoken to me in a new and deep way. I have been awed, I have cried... and written pages upon pages in my journal!

Here are just a few excerpts:

"The most beautiful speeches, richest lyrics and most charismatic people in the world leave me empty and listless. The most moving sermons, most mind-bending truths and wisest theologians are hollow and painfully disappointing. Even desperate faith and grand charity - the charity that gives everywhere it turns and gives everything it has – all these leave me empty and angry, too.


There must be something more, something that can meet the hunger I find inside, something that can fill me, satisfy me, fulfill me. There must be something I can cling to, something that will answer my questions, nurture my soul and inspire my life.
Well, I’ve found it! 


It is all present in your love, dearest Father.


Like a richly perfumed flower, the tight bud opens to dazzle my eyes, warm my heart and enchant my senses… This love meets every hunger I have ever had, it answer every question my soul has ever whispered, it speaks deep into my soul and fulfills my hunger.  With Your love, Father, I am filled. Nothing can take it from me, nothing in life can compare with it and I would rather die than lose it.


I see it in your smiling eyes… depths of quiet pain, but brimful of wonder, of joy, of passionate love… depths that speak of a heart that cares for me in a way that no human soul ever truly can… those eyes see into the depths of my soul and they hold me.


Father... your love is everything I need.  Beside it, everything in life amounts to less than nothing.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 at Monday, April 18, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 thoughts

Post a Comment