Heartbroken God  

Posted by Bethany

Good morning & happy Sabbath! I didn't have time to do my typical study in Corinthians, so I spent some time in Psalm 81 instead. I love doing something different every now for variety. :-)

I have been flat out this morning with getting ready for church (even more so because I'm coordinating the service today and I had to print out run sheets etc), so I'm actually writing this in the car on the way to church!

Here are some thoughts from my reading:
Ps 81:8, 11, 13, 14, 16: “Hear, O my people, and I will warn you— if you would but listen to me, O Israel! 11 “But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me. 13 “If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways, 14 how quickly would I subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes! ...you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

I couldn't help but feel the depths of God's yearning for authentic relationship with his people. There is such a heartbreaking pathos in his anguish! I couldn't help but respond with "Oh Father, I will listen! I will follow your ways! You are my hero, you deliver me from the attacks of the enemy. I am nourished, well fed and completely satisfied in You!"

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 2, 2011 at Saturday, April 02, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 thoughts

Post a Comment