Lessons from babies, crops and holy houses  

Posted by Bethany

It sure was hard to get up THIS morning! I think I'm suffering from yesterday's early start.  I slept through my 5:30 alarm and just half whispered a desperate prayer of, "Please don't let me sleep for too much longer, Father!"  He is so good. At 6:30 I managed to be awake enough to open my eyes and turn on the touch lamp.  I woke up praying, "Please help me to wake up! I'm so tired, but help me!!" 

Anyway... I was in 1 Cor 2 this morning. I learned sooo much. I'll TRY to condense it! :-)

  • Jealousy, bickering, fighting and pride are evidences of spiritual immaturity. Seek to grow beyond them. Don’t hold on to them, give them to God as so much trash that needs removing. (v 1 - 3)  
  • Don’t have favourite ministers, or praise up people. They are simply co-workers with God. HE is the real star of the show! (v 5 - 9)
  • Don’t chase after a coveted spot in ministry that is judged as most important (i.e I want to be a great evangelist or such). Be content to fill whatever place God has assigned you. We are just God's field-hands.  (v 5 - 9)
  • Keep Jesus at the center of everything – there is no other valid foundation. HE IS IT.  (v 10 - 11)
  • Take care of your body and your mind. Treat them with care and respect - remembering that you are God’s house. He lives in you. You are a holy place, the house that bears his name.  (v 16 - 17) 
  • Don’t pay too much attention to world experts to find guidance for any area of your life. God is the true source of wisdom. Don’t read so many self-help books. Take your problems to God instead! He will actually change you from the inside.  (v 18 - 20)
  • Live in the richness of the called life. Remember that everything is at your feet and at your fingertips – life, death, the universe, today, eternity… so don’t get caught up in the triviality of life. You are an heiress! (v 21 - 23)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at Wednesday, March 30, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 thoughts

Anonymous  

I love the new look. So classic.

I'm enjoying reading your more regular blog posts now. You've shared some amazing thoughts.

Only I missed where the crops come into it. It was a little hard to find the babies too. :-)
I read the long post too. I appreciate what you've shared, sis!
Love you so much!

April 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Oh, no! I commented on Jana's account. But yes, she likes it too. We all do.
Love,
Stella

April 1, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Oh! thank you... it means more than anything to read your comment, Stella. It makes me just want to call and have a chat... thank you so much for your thoughts. And about the babies, crops and so forth, I guess you're right - I didn't mention them in my lessons learnt. They're in the chapter... but thanks for pointing that out!

Love you!!!
Sis

April 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Post a Comment