just... WOW!  

Posted by Bethany

What a morning! I struggled to get up at 4:30 after a crazy evening... tried to get to bed around 8:30 so that I could plan on a 3:30 morning, to finish a late assignment, but just as I finally drifted off to sleep around 9:30, this bright light flashed in my room. It happened three times in a row. I finally worked out it was my touch lamp - after being totally spooked out! But God is sooo good. I adjusted my rising time to 4:30 and prayed myself awake this morning - ie. "Father, please help me to wake up... I feel so bad... please don't let me go back to sleep...!" :-) I am now just about to start working on my assignment, but WOW, I've had the most incredible time with God.

My passage today was 1 Corinthians 2. I read it aloud twice, listened to it in the Message and then worked through it verse by verse, underlining and making notes. The whole chapter is a fascinatingly crafted argument, but the last verse just hit me over the head:

- 16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

The thought from the quoted passage is "What a crazy idea! No one knows can penetrate into God's mind or ever correct Him!" and yet... we not only know the mind of the Lord, we HAVE it!! (remembering that Christ IS the Lord - Lk 2:11)

I still can't get over this...! it seems like a shocking thought. Do we believe that we've been given the mind of God? What riches! It makes all my stressing and worrying seem soooo inappropriate and unnecessary. How dare I worry? Why would I ever fear anything or anyone? Why would I worry about human expectations or understandings, when God is offering to open to my mind His viewpoint, His understanding - an understanding and wisdom that has no equal and can never be rightly criticized or corrected. All mine....??! WOW!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at Tuesday, March 29, 2011 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 thoughts

Oh... Thank you.

I really needed to read that this evening, after a day of running around worrying about my little difficulties and problems (Now I'm wondering what would have happened if I would have let God be in control).

"How dare I worry?...when God is offering to open to my mind His viewpoint, His understanding..."

Amen and amen!

Thanks... It was a bounteous blessing to me.

March 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Siblings...
Thank you so much for your encouraging comment! I wasn't sure about posting that blog note, because I'm not sure that anyone reads my blog, but when I put it up, I told God, "It's Yours. Use it if you want to!"

So... your comment reminded me of my prayer and made my day!

Be blessed :-)

March 31, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Post a Comment