Walking hand in hand... laughing  

Posted by Bethany

Wow, I can’t believe how long I’ve stayed away from here!  Life hit me like a ton of bricks with the start of this semester. But its finally starting to settle down into the predictable hum of everyday life.  I’m feeling a lot more in control and rested, even as time rushes me forward to meet my deadlines.

Life is full, but wonderful. We have decided on a weekly ‘family night’ and last night was a blast!  We had a pizza each and played monopoly for hours. I think it’s the first time I’ve ever won!  But that’s not the real reason I’m over the moon this morning.  Today’s Psalm was full of hype and excitement and I’m feeling it!!   

Shall I share a bit?

Psalm 9:1, 2 - and here's a very cut down version of my verse by verse personal commentary :-).

“I will praise you, Oh Lord, with all of my heart…”  There’s just  no end of “Wow” factor in the care that God has for us, is there?  He nurtures us, blesses us, guides us, joys us and loves us. But I particularly love the fact that here David isn’t simply thanking God for something in the now. He doesn’t say, “Right now, I have a good reason to praise you.”  No! He looks out into the far-reaching horizon of the rest of his life and says with warmth and confidence, “Father, for the rest of my life, every fiber of my being is going to praise you!”

As I look out into the distant future, unfathomable as it is, I can say, “Father, no matter what happens, for the rest of my days, I know I will always have a million reasons to thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

“I will tell of all Your wonders.” You know what it’s like when something is so good, you can’t keep it to yourself? You can’t sit at home, smile sagely and just be happy – no! You grab the nearest person and shout, "Can you believe how good my life is?!" You write it in your status on Facebook and tell every person you meet... 

“I will be glad and rejoice in you, I will sing praise to Your name, oh Most High!” The joy and wonder that comes from walking with God isn’t a one-off.  David knew that tomorrow would be just as rich and wonderful as today, and the next day even richer and the next! Because there is no end of joy to be found in journeying with God.  And so he said, I’m not only going to be thanking you from the bottom of my heart every day of the rest of my life, and telling everyone I meet about the way You blow my mind, but I know that every day of my life that is left, I’m going to be dancing and singing – full of joy in You.  

How true this is! There is no end of joy to be found in God. The more I know Him and the longer I walk with Him, the fresher I feel, the more I discover, the greater my wonder, and the more exuberant my joy. I will spend all of my life loving him, praising him and laughing with joy and wonder at the unfathomable delight is mine.

Oh how happy I am, and oh how I love You, Father!!! You are everything to me. I will spend the rest of my days worshipping you, praising you and dancing with joy in your love. You are the best!!!!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at Tuesday, August 24, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 thoughts

awww I loved it whenever we had a 'family' night. makes me miss you all.... :(

August 24, 2010 at 5:45 AM
Anonymous  

Aaw! Soo food for thought. I enjoy reading every blog!

August 27, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Post a Comment