Longing to be in his arms...  

Posted by Bethany

I had that dream again last night.  I didn’t know who the man was, but I knew I wanted a hug. In my dream, I watched the man hold a little girl in his arms and I thought, I need that hug! I’ve had similar dreams a million times over in the past.  I know that it’s not a sister hug I’m after, not a friend hug, or even a husband hug that I’m aching for…  no, I want a hug where I can bury my head on a shoulder where strong arms wrap around me and hold me in a place where time stops. I guess I really want a daddy hug. 

I talked to God about it in my prayer journal this morning and I told him, “When I see you, I think I want to hug you for a year! I just want to throw myself into your arms and stay there and rest… feel the warmth of your love holding me, holding my heart, be hugged closely and tenderly without impatience or anything improper.  I can hardly wait."

I couldn’t write that without sobbing, wishing so desperately that it could be now. I just can’t wait to see him!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at Wednesday, August 04, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 thoughts

Anonymous  

So true! I can't wait til I can hug Him. And most of all I want to ask Him a million questions!

August 6, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Oh my yes! I've got plenty of questions stashed up, too! So many things are hard to understand... but that's ok. I'm savin em up! :)

August 6, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Post a Comment