Dancing in His Castle  

Posted by Bethany in

{Psalm 5:11}

Hey...!  I spent a few minutes reading a random inspirational blog today and I thought, "I'd like to do that!" I find so many awe-inspiring thoughts in the Bible and it would be a whole lot of fun to share them! So... right now, I'm sitting on a train headed to a Sydney University Library to borrow some incredibly dull, but relevant books for a paper I'm writing and I SHOULD be researching. But first... here's a bit from today's inspiration.  Blessings to you!

"Let all who take refuge in you be glad…"  Why take refuge? From the devil? From the evil in the world? From ourselves? The verse goes on to speak of protection.  And there is plenty that we need protection from! This world isn’t a safe place. But God is a safe place where anyone can find rest and absolute safety from whatever is threatening. He is a place of rest. But not of rest only! Nope! the refugees in this castle aren’t huddled in a corner, feeling petrified and claustrophobic! They are singing, shouting and dancing with joy.

And so, Father, I will rejoice in You. I'll always take refuge in You! Am I not good enough? Is the credit card debt getting to me? Are my papers overdue? Are people critical? Am I afraid I'm being a bad wife? Well, I'll just hide in YOU! In you, I find the wisdom, peace and confidence to face anything. I'm safe in You – and I'm happy!!

This is just soo true. Peace and joy blend in the most wonderful way in God. Everything is right with my world while I rest in Him. And so… why not live here? And when I fear, could it not mean that I have foolishly ventured out of my safe haven and it is time to return, rest and rejoice? Hmm….  :-)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at Tuesday, August 03, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 thoughts

lol I knew you would do this eventually :D
You're the writer not me in our family :)

August 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Inspiring thoughts.. : )

August 3, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Thanks, Terry!
& Cherith Melody, this blog isn't about being a writer... I'm just sharing thoughts from my daily devotions. :)

August 6, 2010 at 6:20 AM
Anonymous  

Still Beth, you put it in such a, hmm, inspiring way?! Keep it up, I look forward to each new blog and though I don't comment on every one, it's because I am too awed to know what to say!Love you!

August 6, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Oh thanks, Eva! I really appreciate that encouragement! I was beginning to think that no-one was reading. Thanks again so much for your lovely, encouraging comment. I love you, too!!

August 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Post a Comment