Daddy's Girl  

Posted by Bethany

I had an early morning today – or late! It depends on whether you routinely get up before or after 4am. Obviously, I usually get up after… (unfortunately).  I needed to get up by 4 today to be ready for a 7:30 worship presentation I was rostered for. (Which funnily enough got double booked and I had the surprise pleasure of having tomorrow's speaker sitting in on my worship!)

I’m too tired to condense this morning’s psalm journal, but I can tell you I was thinking about Psalm 5:12 where it says that his favour surrounds us like a shield.  What does it mean when you have won someone’s favour? It means that your special to them, doesn’t it? A favourite, in a sense.

My darling "baby" sister
So what could it mean to be a favourite of God’s?

I sat for awhile thinking about that.


To me, it says... I’m not just a random person shuffling along from day to day. I'm a significant person to the God of the universe!  I’m his girl.

Wow Father, it almost seems unbelievable, but I really am special to you. Me, myself - as an individual! I picture the smile play on your lips as you see me and you say, “There goes my girl!” and you whisper to me, “Daddy will always be here.” Well, I hear you, Father, and my heart thrills. There’s nothing else I could want - in the whole wide world! This is the best day… and I’m in love with You. 

This entry was posted on Thursday, August 5, 2010 at Thursday, August 05, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 thoughts

I have read every post. :) Awe inspiring every one. :) Thanks for posting your thoughts. :)

August 6, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Anonymous  

Oh, how cute! I didn't know you had that picture! (well, I don't have it...) This blog really brings back memory's..... :-/

August 6, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Thanks, Kenji! :)

& Eva, don't you worry, I have plenty of cute photos of you!! hehe You were pretty little, then!

August 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Aww... Bethany. This is precious. Really captures the feelings. I love these thoughts. They give me thrills.
Love you!!!

August 6, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Wow, Stella... thank you...! It gave me a thrill to see that you had posted a comment. It means so much to me to know that you read it... :-)

August 6, 2010 at 9:02 PM

Post a Comment